Law firms, like every other business, need working strategies to advertise their services. Without new clients, business goes slow. This is why consistent marketing is crucial. Different marketing methods are available for law firms to use, both some are more advantageous than others in today’s world. This article covers these marketing channels and information on how they can benefit your law firm.
What are Marketing Channels?
Marketing channels refer to how brands choose to reach their prospective target audience. These channels differ in usefulness and results, and their effectiveness depends primarily on the identified target audience persona and marketing goals. Do note that a marketing channel is different from a marketing plan. Beyond identifying how best to communicate with your target audience, creating a working strategy is essential to achieving marketing goals. The best marketing channels for law firms are those that align with the marketing goal and strategy.
Exploring Different Marketing Channels
In categorizing marketing methods, offline and online channels are the options available in marketing. While online marketing channels are more useful in today’s digital age, offline channels are essential for brand positioning. This is why a combination of both is necessary.
Offline Marketing Channels include
- Traditional forms of advertising include the use of billboards, radio, TV, print media, and such. While this is useful for local advertising, tracking the success of these marketing efforts is practically impossible.
- Network and referrals are staple means that law firms can use to reach a newer audience. However, this is limited in reach.
- Publicity efforts such as sharing successful wins using PR, branded marketing materials, and others are great but cannot be relied on to generate new customers.
- Law firms also use community engagement strategies like sponsorships, charities, etc., to improve brand awareness.
The above-listed marketing channels are effective to an extent, but the drawbacks are what make digital marketing better.
Online Marketing Channels
- Website: Your website is the foundation of your online marketing and the primary point of contact between a prospective client and your law firm. This is why a high-quality website is a no-brainer. Your website acts as a resource to visitors, as it should ideally contain content through which you can gain organic traction.
- Google Services: Google has valuable resources for online marketing, one of which is the local ad service. This allows you to carry out campaigns hyper-targeted at your local audience so that they are more aware of your firm and services. Listing your law practice on Google My Business also improves your ranking on local search results. Paid Search Advertising is also beneficial as they help you appear on top results when people make queries on Google about services like yours.
- Social Media: Social media channels are effective for reaching out to specific target audiences. The choice of platform depends mainly on the practice type and target audience and should be by discretion. For example, a business law practice can have an active LinkedIn account, and a family law attorney can have a YouTube for sharing helpful information with clients.
- Legal Directories: People trust and resort to legal directories when searching for a lawyer with a specific type of practice. If you haven’t already listed your firm in your local legal directory, it is vital to do so. People associate credibility with these resources, and the backlinks are great for your website’s optimization.
Having the right mix of offline and online marketing channels is critical for marketing success. These efforts can be time-consuming and strenuous, so well-meaning attorneys turn to the experts to handle this. Windy City Law Designs have experience in creating marketing solutions for law firms. If you need help initiating and executing a strategy, contact us today.